Your personal information is important
Most private sector organisations in Australia must, by law, comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We will comply with all laws, including prior to March 2013 the National Privacy Principles ("NPPs"), and from 12 March 2014 the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs"), introduced to protect your privacy and have implemented a companywide program to ensure compliance by our employees.
Collecting and using information
The only personal information we collect about you is what you tell us about yourself when you fill in a form, send us an e-mail or speak to one of our representatives that help us provide services to you. This information may include your name, e-mail and mailing addresses, contact numbers and date of birth. We may record your e-mail address if you send us an e-mail.
If you do not provide us with your personal information we may be unable to supply you with the goods or services you require.
We use your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes, any other purpose you have consented to and any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act. This may include using your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the products or services you requested;
- to assess your application for the provision of credit;
- to assess your application for employment;
- to accept your application to participate in promotions or competitions run by us; or for complaints handling or data analytics purposes.
We may also use it to tell you about other products and services of Physio Inq. We will not sell any personally identifiable information that you give us to any third party.
Accuracy and security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to secure any personal information which we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Personal information is stored either electronically or in hard copy and appropriate information security measures are in place to protect this information.
Patient Consent Policy for Social Media
At Physio Inq, we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our patients in accordance with the Australian Health Act. As part of our efforts to promote our services and educate our community about the benefits of physiotherapy, we may use photographs and testimonials of our patients on our website and social media platforms.
To obtain consent for the use of patient images on social media, we have implemented the following policy:
- Patients will be informed about the potential use of their images on social media during the initial consultation and that written consent is required in accordance with the Australian Health Act.
- We will obtain written consent from patients through the use of a specific patient consent form at time of, although, this may be included as part of our service agreements.
- Patients have the right to withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us in writing. We will promptly remove any images for which consent has been withdrawn.
- We will ensure that all patient images are used in compliance with relevant privacy laws and regulations and in the patient's best interest.
- We will only use images that are appropriate and respectful, and that do not reveal any personal information that could identify the patient, such as their full name or address.
- We will keep a record of all consents obtained and will review them periodically to ensure their continued validity.
- We will always act in accordance with the patient's best interest and will not post any image without their consent.
- Our therapists are responsible for informing patients about the potential use of their images on social media during the initial consultation, obtaining written consent through the use of the specific patient consent form, ensuring that the consent form is completed accurately and that all necessary information is provided to the patient, and contact the marketing department if they have any questions about the use of patient images on social media or if patients have any questions or concerns about the policy.
- As legislation changes frequently, we will remain vigilant and update our policies and procedures accordingly to ensure compliance with the Australian Health Act
- If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you may do so.
- If you wish for any image to be taken down, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak to your therapist and we will promptly do so.
We appreciate your trust in us and we are committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of our patients. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What do you do if you have a complaint or a question
In most cases, you have a right to access the personal information, that we hold about you. Requests for access should be directed to the Privacy Officer, by sending an e-mail to us using the ‘Enquire Now’ field on our website www.physioinq.com.au or writing to us at the following address:
Physio Inq Attention: Privacy Officer 5/20 Cliff St, Milsons Point NSW, 2061 Australia.
The Privacy Officer is responsible for co-ordinating the investigation of any complaints and resolving the matter with a complainant.