Pilates is Amazing!
- Pilates can improve your muscle tone (beginning with your deep abdominal muscles), flexibility, alignment and most importantly your posture
- Pilates can improve your performance and prevent injury
- Pilates is for any shape or size, male or female, young or old, athletic or not!
- Pilates will help you feel and move better, even after your first session
Our Unique Approach
Our style of pilates, known as “clinical pilates”, is modified for each individual based on your assessment results. It is therefore an appropriate and safe way to strengthen your “core” and stabilise your spine, from low back to neck. Our exercises reflect the latest research based approaches used by Australian physiotherapists, who are at the forefront of using science to prove why pilates has been used successfully around the world for decades. By the way, your “core” muscles are those found in your deep abdominal area, back, pelvis and pelvic floor. We help you become more aware of these incredibly important muscles.
We modify exercises to suit you, whether your spine is too stiff or is unstable (sometimes referred to as hypermobility). We also utilise in our mat classes theraband, theratube, foam rollers and hi-density foam blocks to provide variety and challenge to your spine.
Pregnancy: Pilates is also safe for maintaining pre and post natal fitness. In our clinic your Pilates instructor is also a physiotherapist who has studied and understands the basis of efficient movement and how to achieve this with or without the presence of injury.
- Rebates available from participating health funds.
- Small class size.
- Organise a group of friends/colleagues and suggest a suitable time.